Information for parents on how The After-School Learning Centre selects teachers.
All of our teachers share a passion for education, as well as the enthusiasm, energy and motivation to build a real rapport with your child.
Like you, The After-school Learning Centre passionately believes that teachers must single-mindedly love working with children to EXPLAIN, COMMUNICATE and constantly think of different ways to bring alive all the subjects we teach your child.
Finding good teachers is a long and hard process requiring determination and disciplined search skills. Once we find the right people, we do everything possible to keep good people by creating a welcoming, bright and vibrant learning environment because we understand that if teachers are HAPPY teaching, then you child will be HAPPY learning.
Once we find the best people to work with your child, The After-school Learning Centre follows a thorough screening process before appointing teachers. As well as interviewing candidates to check their knowledge and subject expertise; as a final reassurance we know that parents want us to see the following documentation about teachers:
- CV outlining professional teaching and any other work experience
- CRB certificate to show safety working with children
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education showing the teacher has gone through a recognised teacher training programme
- Induction and Qualified Teacher Status certificates demonstrating real hands-on practical experience of teaching children in school class room environments
- Evidence of a Degree or a Post Graduate Degree
- Professional referees so we can vouch from peers in the teaching profession
- Any other relevant Department for Education documentation
As your child works through their own personalised programme, the teacher will:
- Explain how to problem solve
- Mark your child’s work, note down and explain improvements which your child should be aware of the next time they do a similar piece of work
- Unlock potential by providing valuable praise to boost confidence
- Encourage your child to become a confident and independent learner