Tuition in Science is offered in Biology, Chemistry and Physics at all levels from KS2, KS3, GCSE and up to ‘A’ Level. All exam boards are addressed, including Edexcel, OCR, AQA, etc.
An initial assessment enables us to find out the level of knowledge of your child. From then on we tailor the content of every tuition lesson to help your child to build up and expand their Science know-how.
Your child will:
- Gain an understanding of what examiners are looking for when awarding Grade A/A*
- Learn how to use Scientific words perfectly when writing answers to exam questions
- Improve their skills to accurately read and correctly interpret Science texts
- Properly carry out Mathematical calculations in relation to Scientific questions
- Develop the confidence to learn independently
A great emphasis is placed on practising past exam papers every week and developing further from the tutor’s detailed feedback. Your child is taught how to learn by reviewing mistakes, making a list of corrections and aiding recall by memorising the corrections.
Explanations of areas of Science, notes and reinforcement exercises are provided FREE OF CHARGE to your child as well as weekly homework.
At the end of each tuition session, written feedback about your child’s progress is provided to parents to ensure that learning is achieved.
As well as exam success, we hope to foster an interest in Science.